Custom reports is our most advanced, customisable reports tool yet. With the ability to configure reports based on a range of different data sources, manipulate the formatting of the data within reports and effortlessly access, download and send scheduled copies of the report. This guide will show you how to create a new custom report on your platform.
Step 1 - Navigate
You can find the custom reports area on your platform by going to the following, whilst logged in as a site administrator:
Site Administration > Reports > Custom reports
Step 2 - Creating a report
To create a new report, you’ll need to click the “New report” button in the top right of the custom reports page.
Once clicked, this will open the report settings page, where you’ll need to provide a name and relevant report source for the report. Once you’ve selected the report source, you can click “Save” to create the report and open the report builder tool.
Examples of common report sources include:
- Course completions - View all course completion data on your platform
- Face-to-face signups - View all Face-to-Face sign ups on your platform
- Quiz attempts - View all Quiz attempts on your platform
- SCORM attempts - View all SCORM attempts on your platform
- Learning pathway completions - View all Learning Pathway data on your platform (including data on users that are allocated, in progress and completed)
Using the report editor
Once the report has been built it will automatically open the report editor, which is where you can manage the data included in the report. There are 3 key sections to the report builder:
- Section 1) Adding data fields - This section allows you to add new columns to the report, you can select from a range of different fields from user-specific information to custom profile fields that exist within your platform. To add a new field, simply click the “+” icon to the right of the field name.
- Section 2) Data preview - This section provides a snippet of the data based upon the fields added and conditions applied. To view the full report, click the “Preview” button above this section.
- Section 3) Conditions/Filters and Sorting - This section allows you to add conditions to the data, these conditions will apply for anyone accessing the report. The filters allow you to add filters which can be used when viewing the full report, these will be unique for any given user accessing the report and the filters they choose to apply when viewing it. The sorting option allows you to sort the data based on ascending or descending alphabetical order.
Step 3 - Viewing/Downloading the report
Now that you’ve created and built your report to include your required data, you can view the full report by either clicking the “Preview” button above the preview section of the report editor or from the main custom reports list you can click the settings “cog” for the new report and then select “View report”.
Either of these options will open the full report as shown below, whereby you can apply filters using the “Filter” option on the right-hand side or download a copy of the report in your required format using the download options at the bottom of the page.