The quiz activity allows you to add different types of quiz questions. One of which is the True or False question type, which gives users the option of true or false in response to a given question. This guide will show you how to create a True/False quiz question.
Step 1 - Adding quiz questions
You can create new questions for your Quiz by clicking on the Quiz activity from the course page. From there you can click on the “Questions” tab, which is where you can create and manage questions. As you'll see there are multiple ways to add a question to the quiz:
Add a new question - To add a new question, simply click “Add” and then “a new question” you can then choose the question type and set up the question accordingly. Once created, the question will be stored in the quiz library so that it can be used again.
Add from question bank - Every time you create a quiz question it is automatically stored in the respective question bank category. You can then use these questions within your quiz. To add a question from the question bank, click the “Add” button and then “from question bank”.
Add a random question - Adding a random question will give the user a random question from the list of available questions. To add this into your quiz, click the “Add” button and then “a random question”.
Step 2 - Activity setup
In this example, we'll be adding a new question to our Quiz, so we'll need to complete the following steps:
- Add question - From the questions page, click on add and then “a new question”.
- Question type - From the question type selection page, click "True/False" and proceed to the next page.
- Question name - Enter a name for your question, we recommend using the format of "Topic name - Question number".
- Question text - In this section you can enter the question which will be posed to users completing the quiz. If you’re pasting in your question from an external document, then ensure you paste the unformatted version into the text area.
- Answers - You’ll need to set the “Correct answer” value to either true or false. You can then add feedback specific to each response or add general feedback which will be given regardless of the answer chosen. No grade option exists within true or false questions, simply ensure that the default mark is set to “1”.
Step 3 - Save
Once you've completed the steps above to create your true/false question, you can proceed to add further questions to your quiz if required or head back into the course page to test your new quiz.