The feedback activity is a powerful tool that allows you to gather valuable input from users through customised surveys. With various question types available, such as multiple choice, yes/no, and text input, the survey can be tailored to your specific needs. Participants have the option to remain anonymous, ensuring confidentiality and encouraging honest responses. The survey results can be shared with all participants or restricted to teachers only, allowing for transparency or targeted analysis. This guide will show you how to add a Feedback activity to an existing course.
Step 1 - Adding the activity
With the course page open, you’ll now need to follow the steps below in order to add the Feedback activity to the course:
- Enable “Editing mode” using the toggle in the top right corner of the course page
- Click the “Add an activity or resource” button under the chosen topic (section) you wish to add the activity to
- Select the ”Feedback” activity from the list of activity types
Step 2 - Activity setup
After selecting the Feedback activity, the Feedback activity creation page will open. Here you’ll need to provide all the information required for each section marked with an exclamation mark, all other sections are optional. We’ll take a look at each of the key sections below:
General - In this section you’ll need to provide the essential activity information such as the name of the activity and a description if needed.
Question and submission settings - If required, you can enable anonymous responses from your users here.
After submission - You have the option to add in a completion message to be made visible to your users and add a link to the next activity if required.
Activity completion - From this section, you’ll be able to establish the criteria for Feed completion. You can make changes to the requirements for activity completion by setting it to either:
- Do not indicate activity completion - For cases where activity completion is not required.
- Student can manually mark the activity as complete - Only suitable for additional learning resources, not mandatory or compliance based learning, as users wouldn't be required to complete any of the learning content.
- Show activity as complete when conditions are met - Here you can set certain requirements for activity completion. We recommend using:
Step 3 - Save
Once you have adjusted your settings to your preference, you can then scroll to the bottom of the page and click save. This will return you to your course page where you can test your activity or move its positioning around within the course using the course navigation menu in the top left of your course page.