The course certificate activity gives you the ability to award your users with certificates that showcase and track their achievements. You have the option to create fully customised certificates or use the templates provided. This guide will show you how to add a Certificate activity to an existing course.
Step 1 - Adding the activity
With the course page open, you’ll now need to follow the steps below in order to add the Certificate activity to the course:
- Enable “Editing mode” using the toggle in the top right corner of the course page
- Click the “Add an activity or resource” button under the chosen topic (section) you wish to add the activity to
- Select the ”Course Certificate” activity from the list of activity types
Step 2 - Activity setup
After selecting the Course Certificate activity, the Course Certificate activity creation page will open. Here you’ll need to provide all the information required for each section marked with an exclamation mark, all other sections are optional. We’ll take a look at each of the key sections below:
General - In this section you’ll need to provide the essential Course Certificate information such as the name of the certificate and a description if required. You’ll also need to choose a template for your certificate.
Activity completion - From this section, you’ll be able to establish the criteria for Certificate completion. You can make changes to the requirements for activity completion by setting it to either:
- Do not indicate activity completion - For cases where activity completion is not required.
- Student can manually mark the activity as complete - Only suitable for additional learning resources, not mandatory or compliance based learning.
- Show activity as complete when conditions are met - Here you can set certain requirements for activity completion. We recommend using:
Step 3 - Save
Once you have adjusted your settings to your preference, you can then scroll to the bottom of the page and click save. This will return you to your course page where you can test your activity or move its positioning around within the course using the course navigation menu in the top left of your course page.