The Clear Lessons module provides a Clear Lessons Video as a course resource. There are a number of display options for the video, such as embedded or opening in a new window and advanced options for passing information, such as a student's name, to the URL if required. Note that URLs can also be added to any other resource or activity type through the text editor. This article will show you how to add a Clear Lessons activity to any existing course using the default course format. If you do not yet have an existing course, visit: How to Create a New Course
Adding a New Clear Lessons Activity
To add an activity to a course, you must always ensure editing is turned on. See - Basic Course Editing
Step 1 - Add an Activity or Resource
Step 2 - Select the Activity
Step 3 - Activity Setup
- Name - This will be the name of the Clear Lessons activity and how it is displayed on the course for users.
- Type - This will be selected to choose what type of videos will be displayed within the activity.
- External Reference eg.CLC055 - This is the reference code found at the end of the URL on the Clear Lessons site for the videos/speakers/topics/playlists/collections/series you wish to link within the activity. These reference codes are the final part of each of the URL that can be copied and added to create direct links for the activity to use.
- Description - This description will be displayed when you click on the activity, or displayed on the course page if the option is selected.
General - Type Options
- Play - This option will link a single video to the activity to be viewed by the user. Example reference code "CLC055".
- Speakers - This option will link a single speaker and all related videos to the activity to be viewed by the user. Example reference code "abi-bracken-o2-telefonica-uk"
- Topic - This option will link a single topic and all related videos to the activity to be viewed by the user. Example reference code "Coaching"
- Playlists - This option will link a single playlist with all videos contained to the activity to be viewed by the user. Example reference code "Celebrating-diversity"
- Collections - This option will link a whole collection of series videos that can be viewed through the activity by the user. Example reference code "Equity-Diversity-and-Inclusion"
- Series - This option will link a single series of videos to the activity for the user to view. Example reference code "LGBTQ"
- Display - This option controls how the activity will present the videos to the user.
- Pop-up width (in pixels) - This option sets the default width size for the pop-up window displaying the activity video
- Pop-up height (in pixels) - This option sets the default height size for the pop-up window displaying the activity video
- Display URL description - This URL description will be displayed when you click on the activity.
Appearance - Display Options
- Automatic - This 'default' option will automatically send the user to the location of the video held on the Clear Lessons video platform to view the video.
- Embed - This option will embed and display the video on the Moodle Learning Management System when active, this requires a user to click on the activity to open the embedded video within the activities video player.
- Open - This option will automatically send the user to the location of the video held on the Clear Lessons video platform to view the video.
- In pop-up - This option will open the activity and provide the user with a link t the location of the video held on the Clear Lessons video platform.
Activity Completion determines at what tracking is enabled on an activity, and at what point that particular activity gets given a tick on the course page.
If you require your Clear Lessons activity to be tracked then you will be able to set a manual checkbox for users to tick and complete or to have it automatically complete when a user accesses the activity.