The RoadMap Dashboard is highly configurable. As default all sites will come with the same structure, which for some members will be perfect. But for others wishing to add content, restructure and personalise the Manage Layout section is key.
Link: Site Administration > Courses > RoadMap > Manage Layout
The manage layout screen will give you a 'simplified version of your dashboard for editing - it will remove the content inside each section to keep the page manageable and readable. To add a new section the button will be on the top right of the page. To Delete a section the button will be on the top right of the section at the same level as the title. Deleting a section will delete any course dispatcher rules or text inside.
When creating a new section you will be presented with a form with a few sections:
- Section Name - the title for the section you wish to display (This can be blank).
- Number of courses - This shows how many courses you would like to display (1-8) before showing a View All button.
- Order By - For course type sections you can choose the order the courses present in, Name ASC, Name DESC and Release Date.
- Visibility - You can choose whether each section is visible to everybody, just administrators, or completely hidden from everybody. (If there is no content for a user the section will automatically hide).
- Content Type - Choosing Course, My Learning, Course Dispatcher or Text. (More Information).